Tune in- Dublin South FM 93.9FM Tuesday 22nd December 2pm /repeat Wednesday 23rd December at 3pm for Community Connection DLR!
The final episode for 2020 of Community Connection will be broadcast on Tuesday 22nd of December at 2pm, with a repeat on Wednesday 23rd of December at 3pm.
Featured in this month’s episode:
- Kim Tully from Engaging Dementia discusses the Sonas Programme, the Virtual Dementia Café and the other services they provide to care workers.
- David Gunning, DLR Libraries Archivist in Residence talks to us about What’s in a Name, a visual history celebrating the centenary of the Dun Laoghaire’s name change in 1920 and the exhibition marking the centenary.
- Eimear McAleese from the Rotary Club of Dun Laoghaire will discuss their Christmas Appeal for 2020 and how you can help them achieve this year’s target of 100 hampers.
- Anne Dempsey of Senior Line talks about 2020 and the services they provide over the Christmas period.
- Simone Sav from Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Public Participation Network talks to us about the challenges that the PPN and its members have faced this year.
In what has been a very challenging year, I would like to thank all of you who have contributed to Community Connection during the year and on behalf of Dublin South FM, I wish you (and our listeners) a happy and peaceful Christmas/holiday and a prosperous New Year. Peter Rice, Dublin South FM.
Community Connection is sponsored by DLR PPN – and co-produced with Peter Rice Dublin South FM, and Simone Sav, DLR PPN Manager.